Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fish on Gramps, Fish on!

Gramps passed away on November 13. This is something I wrote for him in August and was able to share at our family reunion in August.


When I think about Grandpa, I think about:

· A testimony of the Gospel and the Priesthood.
· Hugs and kisses on the cheek.
· Stories.
· Big, warm, kind smile.
· Fishing.
· Music.
· Him traveling to see me in choir concerts. I had friends ask why my Grandpa came to so many events, I was shocked that their Grandparents didn’t support them like mine did!
· Going to the shed to look at old teaching material.
· Stories.
· Singing at my wedding.
· He and Grandma visiting me in the hospital while I was on bed rest.
· A special dinner, just for me, when I turned 12.
· A tender heart.
· Encouragement to get through school.
· Priesthood blessings.
· Always feeling loved.
· Stories.
· Always feeling important and special.
· Riding to Idaho a couple of times for baby blessings or graduations.
· Positive outlook on life.
· Love of learning.
· Love of teaching.
· Love of people.
· Love of visiting.
· The hat he wears in the winter.
· His love, tenderness, and respect towards Grandma.
· Jokes and riddles.
· Pinion Horizon. The deck, the outhouse, the animal bones, etc.
· Stories… did I mention stories? I LOVE Grandpa’s stories!
I love you Grandpa, we all miss you VERY much!

No comments: